Berber Tagine Omelette
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. From Barry Vera on sbs.com.au. Moroccan cuisine. Fresh coriander is aka cilantro.
- Ready In:
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 10 tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup coriander, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Heat your tagine on the stove and add some olive oil with the onion and cook slowly for about 5 minutes, add the spices and cook for a further 3 minutes, this releases the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander then simmer for about 10-15 minutes, make sure you stir occasionally and reduce to a sauce consistency.
- Remove from the heat and pour the beaten eggs over the sauce, cover with the tagine lid and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until it lightly puffs and sets.
- To serve, season well and drizzle with a little olive oil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Excellent recipe - I didn't have an oven proof pot so I added the eggs to the pan and put a lid on it and simmered it for 15 minutes. The eggs cooked and were absolutely delicious but they didn't stay on top of the tomatoes like in the traditional berber omelette. Did anyone else have this problem? Resolution?