Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Ice Cream
VARIATION: Chocolate Almond- Add 1 cup roasted whole almonds (salted or unsalted) after the ice cream stiffens, about 2 minutes before it is done, then continue to freeze until the ice cream is ready.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Gradually whisk chocolate into the milk and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light anf fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Add the cream, vanilla and salt and whisk to blend.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1-3 hours, depending on your refrigerator.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Why do Some People Not Follow Simple Directions & their's turn out not so Good due to Their Own Fault yet give Bad Ratings to others?? Don't listen to them. They Messed up! This is Great when you Follow Directions! I Loved this! We have a Soft-Serve Machine so, it's Awesome & Soft like DQ when Fresh then Still Awesome after it's Frozen & Stored although, I have a Problem with letting it get to that stage as my Bowl/Cones fill up Direct from spout. There's Lots of ways to make Ice Cream to each their own. Same w/Reviews & Ratings. Consumers & Product Makers All use & Rely on FAIR Ratings/Reviews for helping Future Purchases & Products. So, Don't ever listen to a Bad Review/Rating when the Reviewer even Admits they did NOT Follow Directions... That's Simply UNFAIR to ALL. I Did make this Fat-Free & mostly Sugar Free & Still AWESOME! Used Egg Substitute, Fat-Free Half & Half, and 0 Calorie Sweetener.Reply
I Use Egg Substitute for eggs, Great Value 0 Calorie Sweetener for Sugar, & Fat Free Half & Half for Milk and Cream. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray for Butter (Tastes Just like Real Melted Butter) That's how I exchange All those Ingredients for Everything we make & we Love it! Same for when I make Key Lime Pie & Buttermilk Pie... I make my Own Condensed Milk & Buttermilk. Sugar & Fat Free & Yummy!Reply
see 3 more