BELUGa BLACK LENTIL SALAD
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 2 cups beluga black lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter (substitute vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (substitute vegetable broth)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley (for garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse lentils under cold water and remove any small pebbles; drain. In a 4-quart pot over medium heat, add butter. When melted, add lentils and stir until well coated. Add curry powder, cayenne pepper and freshly ground black pepper; stir to combine. Pour in broth and partially cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until lentils are tender about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer into a mixing bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make vinaigrette by whisking pomegranate molasses, olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice together; set aside.
- Add red pepper, tomatoes, green onions and avocado to the salad; gently toss to blend. Pour in vinaigrette and toss to coat. Either leave it at room temperature or chill for 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.