Bell Pepper, Kidney Beans, and Mushrooms
This super easy side-dish is wonderful with any type of grilled or pan-fried steak. Good as left-overs, too. No idea about it's origin, it's been a family recipe for 40 years.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a 12" pan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Remove mushrooms from pan, add bell pepper and saute until cooked but still firm.
- Combine mushrooms, salt, and kidney beans with bell pepper in pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, simmer briefly, then serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation