Belize Style Steak and Onions
photo by David04
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs top round steaks
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 2 large onions, sliced very thin
- Mix garlic, black pepper, adobo, oregano and vinegar together in a small mixing bowl.
- Rub spice mixture onto steak, making sure to coat very well and evenly.
- In a coated and heated skillet on low heat, barely cook the onions. Remove from heat before they turn translucent, you want to keep them crisp and white.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Raise heat to high.
- Fry the steaks rapidly until each side is nice and brown.
- Serve topped with onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!