- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- Mix all ingredients together except for butter and sugar.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add butter and finish by adding sugar.
- Form balls (like a small apple) out of dough.
- Let stand for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Place 1 doughball in the center.
- Close waffle maker.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- No need to grease waffle maker.
- Serve hot topped with your favorite fruit or syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are absolutely wonderful. With a house full of teenagers, you've achieved a miracle when 100% of the family says, "Make these again!". Well that miracle happened this weekend. I made a banana flavored sauce with sliced bananas, and an apple pie filling type sauce. We topped the waffles with ice cream, choice of fruit toppings and cool whip. Delicious!
I'm just adding stars now as I reread my review. Made back on Sept 2, 2002... After I let the dough rest 30 minutes and added the butter and sugar (mixed it in by hand really well) it really got messy. So I added extra flour at this point. It was going to take well over a cup of added flour. So I added enough to help it stay in a somewhat apple shape and put it in the iron. It can out hard and crunchy and too sweet for us. Sorry but I'm need personal directions before taking this recipe on again. I think the main area of the trouble is when adding the butter and sugar just how well do you want to blend it in? And of course all that butter will make it turn into a very wet dough what do you do here? Add extra flour or not? Steve, I need a cam link to your kitchen!!