Beijing Noodles With Meat Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese bean garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, cut into 2-inch segments
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thin-sliced (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons chili oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Stir black bean sauce and sugar and rice wine together in a small bowl.
- Prepare scallions on a small plate, ready to add during stir-frying.
- Have sesame oil measured and ready.
- Put on a gallon of water to boil.
- Heat dry wok or large skillet over high heat. When hot, add peanut oil. Swirl in wok until hot but not smoking.
- If using garlic, add to oil and stir until fragrant.
- Add ground meat to wok, and stir-fry until well-separated and cooked but not browned.
- Add bean sauce and stir well.
- Add scallions and sesame oil, stir well.
- Remove wok from heat.
- Combine vinegar and chili oil in a serving bowl, to be sprinkled on individual servings at the table.
- Clean and chop cilantro to be used as a garnish.
- Once your water has reached a rolling boil, add spaghetti and cook until tender.
- Drain spaghetti, pour into bowl, top with meat sauce, stir together, and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!