Beets - Plain and Simple
photo by dojemi
- Ready In:
- Wash the beets and trim off the tips and tops.
- Place beets in a large pot of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook till tender, approximately 20-45 minutes (time will differ depending on the size of the beets).
- Remove from water when cooled and remove skin which will come off easily just by rubbing.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love beets and this simple way to prepare them. I agree with Bergy that they are just great tasting plain. I did serve them this time with a orange flavoured pilaf (including orange rind) which went very well. I will be using this recipe over and over again. Made for THINK PINK RECIPE TAG EVENT - OCTOBER 2011