photo by Syrinx
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Wash the beets well, being careful not to break their skins.
- Cut off the tops, leaving a stalk of about 1 1/2 inches.
- Boil, covered, until tender.
- Allow the water to cool, then slip off the skins, trim off the tops, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over beets.
- Let marinate 1 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made the basic recipe initially, and liked it. A good beetroot salad, possibly a little on the sweet side for my personal taste, but definitely a 4* recipe. Then, just as I was starting to write this review, I wondered what the suggested variation might taste like, so I headed back to the kitchen to add the orange blossom water, cumin and paprika as indicated in the recipe's introduction. Because we'd already eatern half the beetroot, I scaled down the quantities, and I didn't bother adding the water. It was fantastic! A 5* recipe! I can see this variation of your recipe becoming a staple in our house. Thank you.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Under construction... How I rate... 5 stars - perfect, will make again without any changes. 4 stars - Liked it, will make again again but with changes. 3 stars - had to make major changes but got it to work. 2 stars - had to make major changes and it didn't work. 1 star - went terribly, a waste of time and ingredients, I cried, BF cried the cats cried you get the picture...