Beet Relish-Canning Recipe
Another way to use up beets when "you just dont know what else you can make with them"
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 quart cooked chopped beet, around 12 medium to large beet (not to large though, they get woody)
- 1 quart chopped raw cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (not the creamed stuff)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups vinegar
- In a large non reactive saucepot combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer-stir well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pack hot relish into hot sterile jars.
- Leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Wipe rims and adjust two piece caps.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- If your elevation is higher than 1000 feet consult the altitude chart posted in the Canning Forum.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION