Beet and Carrot Cake Cupcakes
photo by afshin a.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups raw carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup raw beet, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, mix oil, applesauce, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Incorporate into the first mix.
- Add the raw carrots, the raw beets, the pineapple, the raisins, and the nuts; mix well.
- Pour into the prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes at 350° or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Frost with a half recipe of Cream Cheese and Applesauce Frosting (Recipe #114857).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!