MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Savory grilled sausage with beer-braised onions served on a toasted hoagie bun.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green)
- 2 foot-long sausages
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 beer (yuengling)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- spicy brown mustard
- Dice your onion, then place it in a medium sized frying pan.
- Set your burner to medium and add 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- As the onions begin to cook pour 1/2 of your beer (use yuengling) into the frying pan. drink the other 1/2 of your beer, and enjoy.
- Let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Dice your 2 bell peppers and add then to the frying pan.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of Tony Chachere's Seasoning.
- Cut your sausages each into 6 inch links, then "butterfly" slice the links longways and place them in the frying pan.
- Let cook for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan butter 4 hoagie rolls and toast them.
- Put the toasted hoagie rolls on a plate, then place the cooked sausages on the hoagies.
- Smother the sausages in peppers and beer-braised onions.
- Top your sandwich with a spicy brown mustard.
- Enjoy your drunken- munchy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION