Beer & Stilton Stuffed Beef Wellington
photo by Pangaea
- Ready In:
2 beef wellingtons
- 2 (6 ounce) filet mignon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup beer, preferably a sweet strong ale
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, preferably stilton
- 1⁄2 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season filets with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium-high heat and brown filets for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove filets and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Add oil to same pan and fry garlic and shallot for 2-3 until translucent.
- Remove pan from heat and deglaze with beer, scraping up all the meat residue.
- Return pan to heat and reduce sauce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Turn out flame, add cheese and stir continuously until completely melted and well blended.
- Pour sauce into a bowl and chill in the refridgerator until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Lay out puff pastry, spread with a thin layer of sauce, then wrap around filets.
- Bake on a sprayed baking sheet for 20-25 minutes.
- If any sauce remains, heat it up and dizzle it lightly over the finished beef wellingtons before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!