Beer-Infused Belgian Waffles
photo by Pangaea
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer (preferably Belgian Wit)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup of pearl sugar or 1/2 cup crushed sugar cube
- Whisk together dry ingredients, except pearl sugar.
- Whisk together wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into waffle iron, one at a time, then quickly sprinkle a handful of pearl sugar over the top before closing the top. This will evenly caramelize the sugar throughout the waffle.
- These will cook sooner than the ordinary waffle because of the pearl sugar. Watch them closely and don't let the iron automatically tell you when they're done. This will result in over-caramelized (possibly burnt) sugar and an astringent aftertaste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!