Beer Can Chicken
photo by amcarroll
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces beer (I use Coors Light)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I use Cholula)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken, stand
- 1 whole chicken
- 6 ounces beer (I use Coors Light)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- chili powder
- salt or pepper
- hickory chips
- Clean chicken and pat dry and set aside.
- In a pot heat all the ingredients for the injection until smooth. Once the injection has cooled some inject into the chicken. (Do not let the injection get cold).
- Beer Can: Add the thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, red pepper flake and put in your chicken stand. Place the chicken over the can.
- Coat the outside of the chicken in olive oil (lightly). Sprinkle paprika, chili powder and salt and pepper on the skin and rub it inches.
- Place the chicken in the smoker at 225 degrees for 2 hours. The skin should turn a smoky pink color.
- Remove from smoker and put on grill at low but direct heat for about and hour or it reaches 175 degrees. Pull off and wrap in aluminum foil and let it rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting into it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married to my wonderful husband of 14 years and have a beautiful 11 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. We all enjoy trying different things. Cooking relaxes me after a long day at work. There is nothing better than making a good meal and everyone giving you compliments.