Beer-Braised Sauerkraut With Caraway Seeds
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 lbs sauerkraut
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup beer
- Drain sauerkraut in colander.
- Rinse briefly under running water.
- Drain well.
- Melt butter in heavy large nonaluminum saucepan over low heat.
- Mix in onion, carrot and caraway.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in sauerkraut, stock and beer and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered until almost all liquid evaporates and sauerkraut is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before serving).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"