Beer-battered Onion Rings W.cajun Dipping Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings (Vidalia)
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix, divided use
- 1 cup beer (darker beer will make it more flavorful)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
Cajun Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Heat VEGETABLE OIL in deep fryer or heavy saucepan to 375*; oil should be about 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Prepare Cajun Dipping Sauce by stirring until all ingredients are blended; set aside.
- Toss onion rings and 1/4 cup Bisquick.
- Stir remaining 2 cups Bisquick, beer, salt and eggs until smooth.
- (If batter seems too thick, add more beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency).
- Dip onion rings, a few at a time, into batter.
- Fry about 2 minutes, turning each ring after 1 minute, until golden brown; drain well.
- Serve hot with Cajun Dipping Sauce.
Join The Conversation