Beer Batter Fish
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 lbs fillets of sole
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Blend flour, beer, eggs, pepper, onion powder, and turmeric well, but do not over beat. Batter should "plop" from a spoon. If it is too thin, thicken with additional flour.
- Dry each piece of fish with paper towels. Heat oil to 375 'F in an automatic deep-fryer.
- Dip fish pieces in batter and deep-fry for 5-10 minutes. Turn occasionally.
- Drain fish on paper towels and serve immediately with tartar sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!