BEENZEN BUZZARD STEW
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 20 inches celery ribs, cut in 1/2 ' slices
- 2 cups zucchini, cubed
- 1 lb chicken breast, in bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups green beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Saute cut- up chicken, onion, peppers and celery in 4 qt saucepan or soup pot with olive oil until celery is soft.
- Add zucchini and green beans.
- Drain white beans and add to pot. Add Butter Beans without draining.
- Add chicken stock and seasonings.
- Bring to just to a boil, turn down heat and simmer 30-60 minutes until chicken is completely cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After 30 years in Michigan and 30 more in Arizona, I've found or invented many recipes, and I'm always on the lookout for more. Right now I'm sort of the "head chef" at our family compound in New River AZ, where my husband and I live on the same property as our kid and grandkids. I taught my son to cook, and now I'm teaching the grandkids!