Beef With Shallots and Tomatoes
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 400 g beef round steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 shallots
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 240 g chopped tomatoes, from a can
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 200 ml beef broth (from 1/2 cube)
- Sauté meat in hot oil in a shallow pressure cooker pot for 2- 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Cube half of the shallots, leave the other half whole, just make a crosswise cut. Sauté in the same pot for about 2 minutes, add garlic, sauté briefly for 1 minute.
- Add wine and vinegar, stir and cook for 2 -3 minutes. Return the meat to the pot. Cover the steaks with chopped tomatoes, sprinkle with fresh herbs, cinnamon and pepper. Add the beef broth.
- Cover and lock lid on pressure cooker. Bring to pressure. When pressure is reached, turn heat down to low. Continue cooking for 15 minutes. Release pressure naturally. Once the steam is gone, open the cooker carefully.
- Serve with potato gnocchi or pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!