Beef With Peppers and Tomatoes (Microwave)
- Ready In:
- In large resealable bag, combine soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, sherry, garlic powder and beef strips. Close tightly and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine green peppers, beef and marinade in 2 quart casserole dish; cover.
- Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power until beef is tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring at after the first 10-12 minutes.
- Drain, reserving meat juices, and set beef and peppers aside, covered.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in 2-cup glass measure or small bowl. Stir in reserved meat juices and microwave at HIGH (100%) power about 1 minute. Stir and microwave another 1-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Stir sauce and tomatoes into beef mixture; cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) power until tomatoes are heated through, 1-3 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.