Beef Tortellini in a Creamy Tarragon and Mushroom Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon tarragon
- fresh basil (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 -2 tablespoon white wine or 1 -2 tablespoon vodka
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- flour (as thickening agent for sauce) or cornstarch (as thickening agent for sauce)
- 1 (370 g) package beef tortellini
- In a large pan, fry: onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt/pepper/tarragon. Cook until onions become transparent and mushrooms start to sweat (3-4 minutes).
- Add white wine to deglaze pan. Turn down heat.
- Add beef stock and cream and allow the sauce to return to a slow simmer until mushrooms are cooked through and flavours saturate the sauce. (5-10 minutes).
- At this point, if the sauce is still too thin you can whisk in flour to help thicken. To avoid clumps: whisk a bit of flour into a small amount of cool water in a cup and then add that to the sauce.
- To make the sauce extra rich and flavourful, stir in some Romano or Parmesan cheese and add a couple of drops of truffle oil.
- Add a few fresh basil leaves to sauce.
- Meanwhile, salt water and boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Combine pasta with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!