Beef Tenderloin Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a family treat. I usually make a beef tenderloin Christmas Eve and use the scrapes of tenderloin that I've cut off the main meat to make this dish. The tarragon with the rich gravy helps to marry this dish together.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, chopped finely
- 1 celery, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can beef stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 potato, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie crusts, Pillsbury
- Saute garlic, onion, carrot and celery in 1T. olive oil & 1 T. butter. Add raw or cooked pieces of tenderloin and cook till heated thru or brown.
- Add beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Add diced potatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and butter into a paste and add to mixture.
- Stir for 5 more minutes until thick.
- Season with Salt, pepper, tarragon and parsley.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Top with second pie crust, crimp edges and make air slits.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have never made a pot pie before, and this was an easy to follow recipe that turned out absolutely delicious! My husband and I both loved it! Even the leftovers were delicious! I made it with leftover tri-tip and used some frozen corn since I did not have fresh carrots and celery on hand. I also ended up added two diced potatoes, personal preference. I will definitely be making this again!!1Reply