- Ready In:
- 2 lbs flat iron steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1 cup swansons lower sodium beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups fresh portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces dreamfields linguine or 8 ounces fetuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut the beef into 1 inch strips. Salt and pepper the strips. Heat the butter in Dutch oven and brown the beef, turning frequently to brown evenly. Set the meat aside and cook the onions until they are transparent. Set the onions aside. Add the flour to the drippings and mix well. Return the meat and onions to the Dutch oven, add the beef base (which has been combined with the beef broth) and the can of consomme. Stir the mixture until it is smooth. Add the mustard, mushrooms and sherry. Cover and cook very slowly for 1/2 hour. Add the sour cream and serve over the pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions (6 to 7 minutes in boiling salted water). Drain and then toss with 1 tablespoon of butter to keep noodles from sticking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good. I added 1/2 a red onion along with the green onions. I also think I would / will use 3 to 3 1/2 cups of mushrooms. Maybe double the mustard aswell. I made this on April 17th 2010 and did what is above. It was even better. Next time I think I will leave the meat out until the last 10 minutes +/- of cook time, otherwise it over cooks.