Beef Skillet Fiesta
My husband grew up with this meal and still loves it! Kid-friendly and can add or subract ingredients without losing much flavor. We make this all the time.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- Dissolve the beef boullion cube in the 1 cup of water.
- Brown beef and drain.
- To the beef, add onion, green pepper, seasonings, tomatoes, corn, and bullion with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 mintues, fluff with fork.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made the original recipe & remembered it well!! 2nd time I made it w/brown rice instead. Reduced the water to 1/2 Cup, added Lime zest & the juice from the lime, 1/4 tsp. Cumin, frozen "roasted" corn (Trader Joes) & fire-roasted diced tomatoes (Hunt's). Serve in bowls and top w/grated cheddar...WOWIE. If you don't care about calories: sour cream & guacamole! THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!
I've been making this since 1972 when I found the recipe on a box of minute rice. Over the years, our family grew to 8, so I'd quadruple recipe. Everyone loved it. As the kids got older, and worked, they'd take leftovers for lunch and would heat up in microwave. Still a hit, made it tonight, for two.