Beef Short Ribs Pasta Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 4 -6 meaty short beef ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 230 g fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a heavy oven proof pan, heat the olive oil and brown the ribs well on all sides. Remove the ribs and drain off all but a couple of teaspoons of fat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, mushrooms and garlic and cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the wine and cook over hight heat until it is reduced by more than half.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and tomatoes. Mix well and add the ribs back into the pan.
- Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours. Remove the ribs to a cutting board and cut the meat away from the bone and connective tissue. Chop the meat finely and return it to the pan. Add the fresh parsley and mix well.
- Cook your pasta of choice until cooked. Drain and add a couple of scoops of warm sauce to the pasta and stir.
- Serve the pasta with sauce on top and some parmesan cheese on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!