Beef or Pork Bulgogi
- Ready In:
- 1 lb beef rib eye or 1 lb pork butt, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame salt (recipe)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 4 scallions, chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon korean red pepper flakes (recipe)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (for frying)
- toasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Prepare the beef or pork.
- Mix the marinade in a medium-size bowl.
- Add the meat and toss. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- The meat can be cooked over medium-high heat in a frying pan or stove-top griddle.
- Heat the pan or griddle first; make it very hot.
- Add the oil; cook the meat for 1 or 2 minutes on each side, browning it nicely.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!