Beef Noodle Bake (Oven or Crock Pot)
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 cups uncooked wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from the heat; stir in tomato sauce, sour cream, cream cheese,sugar and garlic salt; mix until blended. Place half of the noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2" baking dish; top with half of the beef mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very quick to make and is tasty!! I made it in the oven using a shallot rather than the onion but otherwise made as is. Both DS's ate this up as well as myself and DH. I liked that I could make it in the crockpot if I was not going to be home; could also put together and then put in the fridge until ready to cook. The flavor was very good and creamy for not having too much seasoning in it. Made for May 'Farm Cooking' with Andi Tag 5/2010.
This is a very tasty dish and easy to make on a busy night. I love that the cream cheese and sour cream are not noticeable in the finished product, but they add a delicious creaminess to the recipe. I did add some Italian seasoning as suggested in the introduction. It doesn't look very appetizing when putting it in the oven, but when done baking and with the added melted cheese, it looks good. My family enjoyed this as well. Thanks for sharing!