photo by ClarqueKhent
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (Mexican blend)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 restaurant-style corn tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 large jalapeno pepper
- HEAT oven to 375°
- Brown beef in skillet, crumble in small pieces.
- Cook until it is no longer pink; drain.
- ADD chili powder, paprika, salt dried onion & water.
- Simmer on low for about 10 minute
- Heat beans in small pan or in microwave, until hot.
- MIX cheeses together in small bowl; set aside.
- ARRANGE chips on baking sheet or on oven-proof plate (I use a large pie plate).
- SPREAD about 1 Tbsp of beans on each chip.
- SPRINKLE about 2 Tbsp of beef on each chip. Flatten beef with spoon so that it will hold the cheese.
- Place a handful of cheese on each chip.
- Sprinkle onion over the cheese.
- Place a slice of jalapeno on each chip.
- BAKE for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole or sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love collect new recipes as well as eat them. I have a recipe collection that is almost taking up my pantry room. And I still keep adding more to zaar. I LOVE TO COOK! Which I just pickes up about 4 yrs ago, when I became a mommy. I used to think it was a chore and I hated even the thought of it. I wish I could Bake more...I cant BAKE AT ALL! I will have to practice on that one. I work overnights. I have been married for almost 4 yrs. We have 2 beautiful toddler boys together and will hopefully have more.