MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A fantastic recipe of the Filipino dinner table, Morcon is usually served on feasts and big celebrations. I know that any meatlover in the world will LOVE this one of a kind recipe!
- Ready In:
- 1 kg beef, sliced 1/4 inch thick (3 pcs.)
- 1⁄4 kg ground beef liver (or liver spread)
- 200 g sliced sausages or 200 g ham
- 200 g pork fat (cut is strips)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 100 g cheddar cheese, in strips
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 bay leaves (laurel)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- string (for tying)
- Spread and stretch the sliced beef on your working table.
- Arrange the filling on the sliced beef: sausage strips, cheese strips, sliced eggs, pork fat and some ground liver.
- Roll the sliced beef with all the filling inside and secure with a thread or string.
- Repeat the procedure for the two remaining beef slices.
- On a pot, place the beef rolls and put the water, the remaining ground liver, grated cheese, chopped onions, bay leaves, ground black pepper and salt.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for one hour.
- Add the vinegar and continue to simmer of another hour or until beef is tender.
- Slice the beef morcon, arrange on a platter and top with the sauce/ gravy poured on top.
- A spoon or two of flour can be added to water to thicken the sauce.
- Instead of boiling in a pot, you can use a pressure cooker for faster cooking.
- Optional: Garnish with olives before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION