Beef Lombardi Casserole
photo by Olive
- Ready In:
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 -8 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- garnish with chopped parsley (optional)
- Cook the hamburger in a large skillet or stock pot on medium heat until browned. Drain. Stir in both cans of tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and bay leaf, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions, Drain. Stir together the cooked noodles, chopped green onions and sour cream until mixed. Place the noodles in the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover the noodles with the beef mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the top of the beef mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really liked this, good and saucy with lots of tomatoes, and a touch of heat, just right for our tastes!!! Succulent casserole, ideal for our chilly nights at present. One of those dishes which is even better the second day, as DH told me :) when he enjoyed it for his lunch. Comes together quite quickly, so can be a weeknight as well as a weekend casserole :) Thanks Olive, very good, made for Alphabet tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> I have been a Member since 2007.....not 2010. I haven't gotten any notifications for at least 8 months.<img title=Yell src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif border=0 alt=Yell /></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> <img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>