Beef & Kidney Bean Stuffed Red Bell Peppers Au Gratin
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
For the Stuffed pepper lovers. Cheesy delisious and sweet. a recipe you'll want to make often!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 red peppers
- 2 cups cooked red kidney beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked white rice
- 6 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute onions in butter or margarine until tender.
- Add well drained beans, tomato sauce, rice, oregano, and salt and blend together well Stuff halved, cleaned peppers with mixture.
- Place on well oiled cookie sheet or shallow baking dish.
- cover and bake for 50 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Top each pepper with grated cheese.
- Bake about 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION