My husband likes Mexican food so I try to make him the occasion Mexican dish. This recipe, courtesy of Homemakers Magazine, is a great way to use up leftover roast beef. Also, it's not too spicy so children would enjoy too.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet red peppers or 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; cook the onion, peppers and garlic for about 3 minutes or until the onion is softened and the peppers are tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat; stir in the roast beef, 1/2 cup of the taco sauce, cumin, and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup of the meat mixture down the centre of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp.
- of the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over the filling, overlapping the edges slightly.
- Arrange, seam side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining taco sauce over the tortillas; spoon the sour cream down the centre.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Your enchiladas rate 5 stars from us. We loved the addition of the sweet pepper and onion sauted. I had to use enchilada sauce since we didn't have taco sauce on hand, so I cut back a bit on the cumin. This is a great way to use up some left over beef roast. I shredded ours since we like it that way, I plan on trying this with chicken as well. For someone with a German sounding name you know how to russel-up some tasty Tex-Mex. Thanks!1Reply
All I had was stew meat, so I boiled it in a fajita seasoning packet for a couple hours,added some jalepeno's, then continued the recipe. It was an excellent recipe,easy, that I WILL use again! It is one of the more authentic tasting enchilada recipes I have had. My hubby LOVED it! Thanks for the excellent recipe!Reply
see 3 more