Beef Empanada Pot Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this yummy recipe on a weight watcher recipe website, and it is greatness! (I leave out the olives...just not my thing.) One serving (1/6 of potpie) is 9 points.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 3 1⁄2 cups diced baking potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 (10 5/8 ounce) box refrigerated garlic breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- To prepare filling, heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add potato and onion; cover and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and next 6 ingredients (beef through garlic); cook, uncovered, 7 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour to pan; cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add beer, consomme, and tomatoes; bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in olives and vinegar.
- Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Unroll both dough portions (do not separate dough into breadsticks); roll dough together, forming a 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
- Place dough on top of beef mixture, pressing to edge of dish.
- Cut 5 slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Gently brush 1 tablespoon garlic spread that is packaged with breadsticks over crust; reserve remaining spread for another use.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION