Beef Curry(Beef Sukka,Beef Fry)
photo by Neelakumari
- Ready In:
- 1 lb/ 1/2kg beef
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut, pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons garam masala powder or 3 teaspoons any other curry powder
- Cut the beef into bite size pieces. Chop the onion and green chillies grind the coconut.
- Make a paste of lemon juice, chilli powder and garam masala .
- Coat the beef with this masala and keep it aside.
- (The lemon juice in this mix will make the meat softer.).
- Heat oil in the pan, add chopped onion, sliced chilli, when the onion turns golden brown add the remaining 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and coriander leaves cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the masala coated beef to it and stir fry till the meat turns brown, reduce the flame, cover the pan. The meat will get cooked in the water it releases.
- When the meat gets cooked 3/4th percent check for salt.
- Add the ground coconut/coconut cream cook till the liquid evaporates and the meat becomes soft.
- Add the dried coconut pieces.
- Garnish it with mint or few sprigs of coriander leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!