Beef, Cod Fish and Soy Milk Stew
photo by Pearl Ishizaki
- Ready In:
- 1 medium potato
- 1⁄2 piece zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 100 g korean pickled cabbage (kimchi)
- 75 g thinly sliced beef (beef scraps or komagire)
- 100 g cod (about 2 slices)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dashi, concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 20 g chrysanthemum greens
- Start by preparing and slicing the vegetables. Peel the potatoes then slice it into small-bite-sized pieces. For the zucchini, cut it in half along its length then slice into thin semi-circles. Mince the garlic then wash and dry the bean sprouts.
- Slice the cod fish into smaller pieces and for the beef, make sure that it is at room temperature so it will be cooked evenly.
- Arrange the vegetables at the bottom of your microwave pressure cooker then add the meat on top.
- Add a tablespoon of dashi concentrate in a cup of water to make a dashi stock then add half a cup of soy milk. Mix well until well combined then pour over the vegetables and meat inside the microwave pressure cooker.
- Cover the microwave pressure cooker then cook for 8 minutes using 600W. After 8 minutes, keep the microwave pressure covered for 2-3 more minutes or until the pressure indicator goes down before opening.
- Place the stew in individual serving bowls then garnish it with some chrysanthemum greens on the side before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I'm a YouTuber home chef from the Philippines now based in Japan. I love to share the recipes I've learned from my travels around Japan. Please enjoy my recipes.