MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My regular 'ol beef chili
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (optional)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 lb ground beef, 10% fat
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sautee onion and peppers in oil with salt and pepper until just soft.
- Add the ground beef and brown while stirring.
- Add the garlic and the dry seasonings, adjust to taste.
- Add the worchestershire and tomato paste and stir for about one minute.
- Add diced tomato and kidney beans, stir in water.
- Allow to cook uncovered over low/medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, add more water if it gets too dry but allow the water to mostly cook off by the end of the 30 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and adjust seasoning.
- Cook covered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with diced raw onion, cheese, sour cream, and/or tortilla chips.
- I use no salt added canned tomato products so I can be in control of my seasonings. Season at every step instead of all at the beginning or the end and and remember that you can always add more salt, but you can't take it out.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION