- Ready In:
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced across grain
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, sesame salt (toasted sesame seeds ground with salt), pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger, saki and red pepper flakes in a medium-size bowl.
- Add meat and toss. Marinate 30 minutes or more.
- Cook the meat over medium-high heat on a stove top grill. Heat the grill first,making it very hot. Add the oil. Cook meat 1 to 2 minutes on each side, browning it nicely.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!