- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
7 1/2 cups broth
- Place soup bones in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in a 450 oven about 30 minutes or till well browned, turning once.
- Place soup bones in a large pot.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the water into roasting pan, scraping up crusty browned bits.
- Add water mixture to pot.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, parsley, black peppercorns, basil, bay leaves, garlic, and salt.
- Add rest of water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove soups bones.
- Strain broth.
- Discard vegetables and seasonings.
- If using broth while hot, skim fat.
- Or chill, then lift off fat.
- Refrigerate broth and any reserved meat in separate covered containers up to 3 days or freeze up to 6 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>