Beef Brisket With Spicy Mustard Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
Spicy Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Remove excess fat from brisket; place in a non aluminum baking pan.
- Combine the next 8 ingredients in a bowl; pour over brisket.
- Cover and marinate 4-5 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Remove brisket from refrigerator 1 hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roast in marinade, covered, for 2 hours, basting several times.
- Place onion rings on top of brisket and baste again.
- Roast, covered, until meat is tender, about 1 hour longer.
- Make mustard sauce: In a small bowl, stir the sugar with the vinegar until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill; serve at room temperature.
- Remove brisket from pan and let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Slice brisket thinly across the grain and serve immediately with Spicy Mustard Sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!