MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Smoked Beef Brisket
- Ready In:
- 13hrs 30mins
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket
- 4 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can shiner bock beer (or any dark ale)
- barbecue sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, using large serving fork, pierce brisket all over.
- Apply the rub liberally to all sides of a beef brisket.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator from 4 hours to over night. One hour before cooking, remove brisket from the refrigerator, uncover, and allow it to sit and become room temperature.
- Smoke brisket covered for 3 1/2 to 4 hours at approximately 275 to 300 degrees with fat side up without opening the smoker.
- Place brisket on large sheet of heavy duty foil.
- Spread a thinly sliced onion under brisket.
- Pour 1/2 can of beer (Shiner Bock) into the foil and seal well.
- Place into oven or smoker at 250 - 275 degrees and cook 4 to 5 more hours depending on size.
- Remove from oven or smoker, loosen foil at one end to release steam, and allow brisket to rest for 45 minutes.
- Drain juices into bowl and place bowl in freezer for ten minutes to de-fat.
- Separate fat from juices and discard the fat.
- Pour up to one cup of the remaining juices into a sauce pot with your favorite BBQ sauce and bring to boil.
- Slice across grain on the diagonal into long, thin slices approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Serve with BBQ sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note