Beef and Gravy (Crock Pot)
It's worth the effort to brown the beef before adding to the crock pot. Serve over noodles or rice. Yum!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 2 lbs stew beef chunks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery)
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- Heat oil in skillet and brown beef well.
- Add beef, including browned bits and drippings, to crock pot, along with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, until beef is tender.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles, or white rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very easy and tasty!! I added a bed of onions on the bottom of the crock pot and garlic, mushrooms and salt. Did not hove any Kitchen Bouquet. For the broth I used 2 bouillon cubes (and about a 3/4 cup water) and added some cooking sherry. Served it over a bed of noodles. It was wonderful and will definitely make again!!!Reply
As written we thought this was very bland. I followed the recipe as written. I had never used kitchen bouquet before so didn't add anything more to the recipe until after it was done and I was able to taste it. To spruce it up a bit I added 8 ounces of mushrooms, minced onions, pepper and salt. I also added about four tablespoons of flour to the gravy to thicken it up. I served over egg noodles. This was very easy to make but probably something I would not make again.Reply