Beef and Bok Choy
photo by Dantana
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bok choy
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Wash the bok choy and drain it. Cut the leaves into thin strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan or wok; add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Heat the remaining oil; add the meat in small batches and stir-fry for 3 minutes over high heat until the meat has browned but is not cooked through. Remove the meat from the pan.
- Stir-fry the bok choy for 30 seconds or until it is just wilted.
- Add the meat, soy sauce and sherry.
- Sir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the basil and sesame oil and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with strips of red pepper, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
If you are looking for a quick stir fry, this has great flavors! I made as instructed and we had a great stir fry dinner. Could use some rice or noodles. Great base to start from!<br/><br/>It was also my first time using bok choy- I loved it! Thanks for introducing me to a new ingredient. I've been missing out my first 43 years...
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>