Becky's Grandma's Egg & Spinach Salad
photo by HeatherFeather
- Ready In:
1 huge bowl of salad
- 16 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves (2-3 bags, about 6 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 6 -18 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 3 eggs, hard cooked, chopped
- salt, to taste, optional (Becky omitted)
- Chill washed spinach to crisp,(tear spinach into bite sized pieces if using big spinach).
- Combine oil, sugar, vinegar, onion, salt to taste (optional), mustard and blend until syrupy.
- Combine spinach, bacon, chopped egg in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over, let stand 1/2 hour, then toss and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!