Beans With Pork and Tomato Sauce
- Ready In:
- Cover beans with cold water and let stand 12-18 hours in a cool place.
- Drain and cover with boiling water; boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes;drain.
- Combine tomato juice, sugar, salt, onion and spices; heat to boiling.
- Pack 1 cup of beans into hot jar and put in a piece of salt pork and then fill jar about 3/4 full with beans.
- Pour hot tomato sauce to within 1 inch from top of jar.
- Adjust caps.
- Process pints 1 hour and 5 minutes, quarts 1 hour and 15 minutes at 10 pounds pressure.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were very good and exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for a recipe that would taste similar to canned pork and beans. Being a vegetarian, I left out the pork. It is near impossible to find canned beans in tomato sauce without pork. These were delicious and a recipe I will use often. Thanks, TheresaP.