Beans & Rice
Another easy prepare ahead and cook later dish. Assemble in the morning, refrigerate then cook for dinner. This can be a meal in itself or a side dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups cooked black beans (use rinsed canned beans)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 16 ounces thick salsa, mild or hot
- 1 1⁄2 cups V8 vegetable juice or 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingedients.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours at 375 or until rice is tender.
- Freeze leftovers.
- I serve this with a poached egg on top, additional salsa, sour cream and tortilla.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very easy to make, and it's delicious! Unfortunately, I forgot to add the corn in this batch but you can bet I will remember on future attempts with this recipe. The meal itself is very filling and satisfying - though I'm tempted to add more/different beans. Will definitely be making this one again.
This dish is soooo good. It is very easy to assemble and quick also. Put in oven and come back in an hour and quarter and ready to eat. I followed recipe as directed with the exception of adding an additional 1/2 cup water. I also sprayed casserole dish with cooking spray felt this was a good idea no scrubbing dish afterwards. this one has been added to the list of regularly prepared dishes in this house.