Bean Quartet Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Presented By: Roxann Roberts-The Glass Bazaar
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) can kidney bean, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- In a skillet cook onion and bacon until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
- In a 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole dish combine onion and bacon mixture with all of the beans.
- In a small bowl mix together the bown sugar, catsup, and vinegar.
- Pour over and mix into bean mixture.
- Bake covered at 375 degrees for one hour.
- Remove cover and bake for 10 more minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've made a recipe very similar to this for years. It was in the Better Homes and Gardens Summertime Grilling cookbook. I misplaced my copy, and found this one called Bean Quartet as well. Any way, I have started just putting it in a crock pot and slow cooking in while I am preparing the rest of my food. It is always a crowd pleaser, and very easy to make. Note - the 1 ounce cans is obviously a mistake. My recipe had one 15 ounce can of each of the beans except the pork and beans. That was 22 ounces or so.Reply