Bean & Cheese Burritos
These can be frozen before baking. Thaw them in the refrigerator, then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Add a salad and you have a great meal.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 flour tortillas
- Saute onion in oil, just until softened. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine the black beans and refried beans in a bowl. Combine both types of cheeses in a separate bowl.
- Place 6 tablespoons or 1/10th of the beans and about 2 tablespoons of cheese in a tortilla. Roll it up and place it in and ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Repeat with all 10 tortillas.
- Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION