Bean Burritos/ Simple for Camping
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
We just ended up eating this one eve.. A conglomeration of who's cooking with a "not me" attitude!!
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can old elpaso refried beans (or favorite brand)
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese or 1 can processed cheddar cheese (use as required)
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 (7 ounce) can herdez picante salsa
- Heat beans in microwave (approx 1 min.) Microwave or warm tortillas until soft.
- Stuff tortillas with beans and onion, add jalepeno and cheddar or squirt cheese (optional).
- Roll up and microwave until heated thru.
- Serve with chips and small jar of salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My family really liked these. I wrapped two at a time in foil, and then froze a bunch in a gallon-size freezer bag. It really held up well in the cooler, and by the time we ate them later in the week they were thawed. I warmed them on the grill right in side the foil packets. Warning if you have small kids - these stay really hot for a long time, so I recommend opening the foil to let the steam out for 5-10 minutes before eating.Reply
These were yummy! I fried up some beef w/ the onion & added a tonne of steak spice (the only thing i had camping). Then spread beans on the burrito, topped w/ cheese & meat & jalapenos. I wrapped them in tinfoil and put them on a grill over the stove-they were sooo good. The fire i was using was pretty hot and they cooked in about 15 minutes. They needed to be turned about half way-they got nice & crunchy too. A huge hit. We had the salsa on the side along with sour cream. i will make this over & over & over!!! Delicious!!!Reply