Bean and Rice Tacos
This was our dinner the other night. A personal concoction that my kids loved and told me I should post it on Zaar. So here it is! MMM...
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (left over)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 cup picante salsa (I used Pace)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 -4 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped (use gloves)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 20 corn tortillas
- In a large skillet, sautè the veggies in 2-3 Tbs of cooking oil. I used grapeseed oil.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the tortillas. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until no longer runny.
- Meanwhile fry your tortillas in oil until soft. Fold and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Place about 1/4 cup of bean mixture and top with your choice of toppings: shredded cabbage, cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, etc.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really yummy and simple. It made for a really fast dinner on a really busy weeknight! I made the rice a few days before when I had time and stored it in the fridge. I didn't use the jalapenos but did sprinkle a bit of chili powder in instead to keep the heat down. Also, I added red bell peppers to the vegetables.1Reply
see 6 more